Monday, February 11, 2008

If you ever want to know why i HATE olympic style lifting.

.. this is why! First of all, as i lay here in my bed, i can barely type this over the pain of my throbing quads and hams. Secondly, I broke a mean sweat and nobody, i mean NOBODY makes me sweat my own sweat. Third and most importantly to me, i cant use heavy weights, which everyone who knows me knows that the only thing that gets me through the day is lifting HEAVY ASS WEIGHT!

So i decided to do this session on a whime. I had just finished my dinner and was bored, so i decided to head the the comercial gym and train in the cobweb infested corner, known as the "power rack"

First i do about 7-8 mins of good stretching, getting ready for long ROM's

These are olympic style close stance squats. I was going 1/2-1" below parallel.
barX6
135X10
185X8
225X6, started falling forward and right on that last one.. my right quad took the brunt of that last rep.

then hammerstrength seated calf push
6 platesXreps
8platesXreps
9 platesXreps

then SL DL
135X10
225X8X2

after that did some extensive stretching to do my best to avoid a lactic acid build up tomorrow but i think thats unavoidable with the amount of reps i was doing. (remember im used to 1-3-5 rep sets with much heavier weight) im proud of myself. I withstood the urges to go heavy and lower the reps. I do believe, however, that im gonna regret it in the next couple days

Strange Wildernes is the funniest fucking shit, EVER!
Donnie

No comments: