Thursday, December 6, 2007

A public service announcement on my day off

While I didnt train today, well come to think of it, i didnt do anything today. Ah oh yes, I went to winghouse for a late lunch and i cleaned the upstairs restroom. Thats justification for sleeping till 1230. Anyway, this post isnt about my lathargic day, its about an issue that many of this societies good people are facing. I speak of hating your career, or job, or whatever you do to make ends meet.

As of 04Dec2007 I am unemployed from my full time civilian career,(yes the skinny kid is a part time Hooah in the Army Reserve) and couldnt be any more ecstatic about it. Ive spent a combined total of 5 years at that company (6 years if you count my leave of absence for the service) and It was draggin my down slowly. My unhappiness trickled into every aspect of my life. My training suffered, my diet slacked. My energy was lacluster to say the least and my overall quality of life was degraded. Now that im free of my burden, I hope to spread knowledge to people everywhere. Personal happiness is the main goal of life, no matter what you choose to do in life. I know its a cliche' but life is short(although ironically its the longest thing a human knows) in the grand scheme of things, dont waste a minute of it doing something you dislike. Find something you enjoy and set a goal to obtain it. The prenotion that you have to grow up ASAP and jump right into responsability is what ultimatly drags peoples douls down. So what im saying is, DONT GET CAUGHT IN A RUT LIKE I DID. Get out now. Im not saying lose your house/wife.car, etc, but take steps towards your happiness. If it requires major change to achieve your happiness, so be it. A good friend and trainer of mine once said "if you dont fear it, thens its not drastic enough" or something like that, but you get the point. You must fear change for it to be sucessful. I recently moved out of my home, became unemployed and am on the verge of ending a relationship with my significant other, but i felt that was needed to achieve happiness. Guess what? so far its working!

1 comment:

Elliott Hulse said...

Congrats on your move UP in the world! The more you defy the typical, the close you get to the 'real'. Any way... I'm happy that my words were of service to you. Here are some words from a man who's wisdom guides my life.

"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." - Emerson