Saturday, December 22, 2007

DeKiernans Westside for Fat Bastards

So ive been loosely following the modified version of "westside for skiny bastards" training regiment as of the past month or so and i Finally decided to take it a little more strict. So today I did a little more homework and actually planned my training schedule for todays lift. I did an upper body rep day and it went a little something like this little diddy.

flatbench 135 for max reps
135X41
135X30
135X21... that hurt

on to Lat pulldowns
165X10
175X10X2

onto smith machine military press. I did smith machine b/c my shoulder has been giving me shit lately and the motion of the military press is right at the point of the weak spot in my rotator cuff, so rather than risk it, I played it safe.. call me a pussy

135X10X3, pretty light actually IM gonna step it up next go around

then Rope pull downs
some random heavy weightX10X3

on to DB curls,
35X10/arm
40X10/armX2 which was suprisingly heavy. Havent done DB curls in a little while.

Finally, hit it off with the ab circuit. Did a crunch/captains chair leg lifts circuit. My buddy who was at the gym but not joining in on my festivities, did this with me to finish off.
30 secs crunches, straight into 30 secs of leg lifts. 3 sets, one min rest in between sets. CRUNCHES FRICKIN HURT!

Then, in true Tate/wendler fashion, we hit up cicis pizza for a "carb up" as we called it for justification. Hey, cheese has protien right?

No comments: